-   -   Find last non-blank row with a worksheet function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/57204-find-last-non-blank-row-worksheet-function.html)

Bruce

Find last non-blank row with a worksheet function

Find the last row with a value.

Say I have a worksheet with a data entery range of A1 to A100. The user is
required to enter data from row 1 downwards and cannot leave blanks between
rows.

I want to return the value in the last comleted row by function. Any ideas?
For example that last row with a value may be in cell A20 of the A1:A100
range.

Rgds,

Bruce

Biff

Find last non-blank row with a worksheet function

Hi!

Try one of these:

If the data is all numeric:

=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A1:A100)

If the data is all text:

=LOOKUP(REPT("Z",255),A1:A100)

If the data is mixed:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A100<""),A1:A100)

Biff

"Bruce" wrote in message
Find the last row with a value.

Say I have a worksheet with a data entery range of A1 to A100. The user is
required to enter data from row 1 downwards and cannot leave blanks
between
rows.

I want to return the value in the last comleted row by function. Any
ideas?
For example that last row with a value may be in cell A20 of the A1:A100
range.

Rgds,

Bruce

Bruce

Find last non-blank row with a worksheet function

Perfect,

Thanks Biff.

Bruce