-   -   Summing values of corresponding columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5719-summing-values-corresponding-columns.html)

lanceg

Summing values of corresponding columns

How can I retrieve the sum of only the values in column B, in which the
corresponding value in column A is equal some "search value" I
specify?

Example table
_A_|_B_
1 | 20
2 | 24
3 | 21
2 | 45
1 | 67
3 | 32
2 | 10
1 | 26

Desired answer if "search value" is 1: the sum of 20, 67, 26 ... which
is 113

I've been able to retrieve the first value, using VLOOKUP. But, I need
to somehow imbed the VLOOKUP function inside another function that
returns all the values - at least thats how I envision it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
Lance G

--
lanceg
lanceg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16097

Aladin Akyurek

=SUMIF($A$2:$A$9,E2,$B$2:$B$9)

where E2 houses a condition like 1.

lanceg Wrote:
[...]

Aladin Akyurek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4165
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=275452

K.S.Warrier

hi,
pl create a third column C and put the formula in C1 =if(A1=1,B1,0)
similarly in C2 =if(A2=1,B2,0) ; .....The sum of colum C will give you the
desired result.
K.S.Warrier