Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ecohen1

Default Count cell

Hi all,
I have a cell "Exams" who contains Exam Description.
For example;

Exam
8086L ANKLE - LEFT
8087FAL FOOT & ANKLE - LEFT
8100 CHEST
8152 ABDOMINAL SERIES
8259 CT SCAN HEAD C-
8100 CHEST
8152 ABDOMINAL SERIES
8100 CHEST
8152 ABDOMINAL SERIES
8100 CHEST
8269 CT SCAN ABDOMEN & PELVIS C-
8100 CHEST
8152 ABDOMINAL SERIES

I would like to count all Exams who contains "CT" in the description.
Please I would like to know if someone can help me.

Thanks

--
ecohen1
ecohen1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12988

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("CT",A1:A13))))

Biff

"ecohen1" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RAGdyer

Would suggest a small revision to eliminate the possibility of counting
occurances of words containing "ct":
Act
Connect
.... etc.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(" CT ",A1:A13))))

RD

"Biff" wrote in message
[...]

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur

Hi,

You may try the following array formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter)

=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(FIND(B10,$B$5:$B$8)),$B$5:$B$8))

B10 will contain CT,
$B$5:$B$8 contains the various exams

Regards

Ashish Mathur