Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BradleyLawrence

Default Help!

Is it possible to link the information you type in one Worksheet to another
worksheet.
Have individual worksheets for employees sick time, vacation time, etc. Is
there a way to create a summary sheet of all employees so that when a new
value is entered on an individual sheet, then it automatically shows up on
the summary sheet ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brad
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JulianActon

Bradley,

it's very easy to do this.
In your summary sheet, simply use a formula to link back to the
original worksheets.

eg In sheet1 you have a value of 1 in cell A1, 2 in cell A2

To total these in the summary sheet enter the formula
=Sheet1!A1+Sheet1!A2

Entering such formulae is also very simple.
When you are in the summary sheet, put in an = sign, then switch to the
other sheet(s) and place mouse over required cells. Then hit enter.

--
JulianActon
JulianActon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14921

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roland

Bradley,

Yes, it is possible to link information from one worksheet to another.

For example, starting on Sheet1 cell A1, type

the equals sign, =, then
click the the tab called Sheet2, then
click cell B5 on Sheet2, then
hit Enter.

Assuming nothing was in cell B5 of Sheet2, then you should be seeing a
zero in cell A1 of Sheet1. Go to Sheet2 cell B5 and enter a number, say 5,
then check Sheet1 cell A1. It should also show a 5.

The second part of your question is perhaps more complex. For example,
do you want only totals for each employee to carry over, or do you want each
detail to carry over to the summary page?

There are things like auto filtering a consolidated list that come to
mind as possible solutions to your problem, but from the first question it
seems that you may need more experience with Excel to have that be feasible
for you.

"BradleyLawrence" wrote:

Is it possible to link the information you type in one Worksheet to another
worksheet.
Have individual worksheets for employees sick time, vacation time, etc. Is
there a way to create a summary sheet of all employees so that when a new
value is entered on an individual sheet, then it automatically shows up on
the summary sheet ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BradleyLawrence

I guess I'm looking to summarize the columns in the individual worksheets.
So for example, in Sheet 1, we have a column with title "Vacation Time", and
in the summary sheet, we have a column with title "Cumulative Vacation Time.
Can we keep adding values to the cells in "Vacation Time", and the new sum of
these values automatically be entered into the cell under "Cumulative
Vacation Time". I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help Roland.

Brad.

"BradleyLawrence" wrote:

Is it possible to link the information you type in one Worksheet to another
worksheet.
Have individual worksheets for employees sick time, vacation time, etc. Is
there a way to create a summary sheet of all employees so that when a new
value is entered on an individual sheet, then it automatically shows up on
the summary sheet ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roland

Bradley,

I'm taking a guess here that your individual worksheets have exactly the
same column structure. That is, Vacation is always column B, Sick is always
column C, etc.

With that assumption, I've posted a small file with sample data that may
help you. Here's the link.

http://www.anywhereenterprises.com:8...OWOAApQZOAAy7P

"BradleyLawrence" wrote:

Is it possible to link the information you type in one Worksheet to another
worksheet.
Have individual worksheets for employees sick time, vacation time, etc. Is
there a way to create a summary sheet of all employees so that when a new
value is entered on an individual sheet, then it automatically shows up on
the summary sheet ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BradleyLawrence

Thanks Roland,