-   -   formula help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5705-formula-help.html)

chi

formula help

Hi,

Please see example I just want to have a formula on left
on column B that will count all values in column A

Note column A is the sum of C and D.

column AcolumnB columnC columnD
A+B b b
2 1 1
#VALUE! c c
2 1 1
2 1 1
#VALUE! 1 1
#VALUE! c c
2 1 1
2 1 1

Thank you

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Obviously the formula in column is something like this (for cell A2 p.e.)
=B2+C2
Replace it with formula
=IF(OR(B2"",C2""),"",SUM(B2:C2))
(when you want to exclude all rows with any non-numeric values), or
=IF(AND(B2"",C2""),"",SUM(B2:C2))
(when you want to exclude all rows with all non-numeric values)
and copy the formula down. Now you can use usual COUNT/SUM/AVERAGE functions
on column A.

Arvi Laanemets