-   -   GETPIVOTDATA question regarding adding "rows" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/57046-getpivotdata-question-regarding-adding-rows.html)

CamiK

GETPIVOTDATA question regarding adding "rows"

Hello,
I have set up a GETPIVOTDATA function that works properly, until I drop
another "Row" in the pivot table. Sometimes the function will work, and
other times it will not. I am referencing the "row" furthest to the left,
and do not wish to reference the 2nd row (to the right). I am not
experiencing the same problem when I add a column....
To illustrate, the pivot rows are labeled as such:

Region Names | Credited SubRegion

My formula:
=GETPIVOTDATA("Revenue", 'pivotname'!$cell, "Region Names", "Name")

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to solve this? I've tried actually
putting the name in quote instead of a cell reference on separate table
sheet, but it doesn't solve anything. I'm perplexed by the fact that it
works when my region name matches the creited subregion name, but not at
other times.......

Thanks!

Debra Dalgleish

GETPIVOTDATA question regarding adding "rows"

Do you have subtotals showing for the Region Names?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List