-   -   Column labels (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/56904-column-labels.html)

SN

Column labels

Hello,

How do I change column labels (A,B,C...) to custom labels (ex.,
year,wage,rate,etc.)?

TIA,
SN

Biff

Column labels

Hi!

You can't!

You can choose to not display the column/row labels then enter your headers
in row 1 but you still have to use the default labels when creating formulas
and such.

For example: you couldn't use =year2 (referring to row 2 in the year column)

Biff

"SN" wrote in message
Hello,

How do I change column labels (A,B,C...) to custom labels (ex.,
year,wage,rate,etc.)?

TIA,
SN

Gord Dibben

Column labels

You cannot change the column and row headers.

What you can do is enter your labels in row 1 then hide the row and column
headers via ToolsOptionsViewRow and column headers...uncheck it.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:22:01 -0800, "SN" wrote:

Hello,

How do I change column labels (A,B,C...) to custom labels (ex.,
year,wage,rate,etc.)?

TIA,
SN

SN

Column labels

Thanks for the replies. I originally wanted to change the labels as i was
importing the Excel in to SAS. But I figured out a way to give the labels I
want in SAS. So, problem is solved.

Thanks Gord and Biff.

SN