-   -   Delete Cell Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/56901-delete-cell-function.html)

roy.okinawa

Delete Cell Function

I currently have column H, Days In Shop, calculating the days from current
date to column W, Date Received: =Today()-W31

What I need is a formula that will also delete/blank/terminate that cell in
column H once a date is entered in column Y.

H W Y

3 11/20/2005
11/20/2005 11/23/2005

Thanks.

Gary''s Student

Delete Cell Function

=IF(Y1="",today()-W1,"") in H
--
Gary''s Student

"roy.okinawa" wrote:

I currently have column H, Days In Shop, calculating the days from current
date to column W, Date Received: =Today()-W31

What I need is a formula that will also delete/blank/terminate that cell in
column H once a date is entered in column Y.

H W Y

3 11/20/2005
11/20/2005 11/23/2005

Thanks.

roy.okinawa

Delete Cell Function

I get 38679 in cell H1. It should be blank since I have a date in Y1.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=IF(Y1="",today()-W1,"") in H
--
Gary''s Student

"roy.okinawa" wrote:

I currently have column H, Days In Shop, calculating the days from current
date to column W, Date Received: =Today()-W31

What I need is a formula that will also delete/blank/terminate that cell in
column H once a date is entered in column Y.

H W Y

3 11/20/2005
11/20/2005 11/23/2005

Thanks.

Dave Peterson

Delete Cell Function

Try changing the format of that cell to a date.

roy.okinawa wrote:

I get 38679 in cell H1. It should be blank since I have a date in Y1.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=IF(Y1="",today()-W1,"") in H
--
Gary''s Student

"roy.okinawa" wrote:

I currently have column H, Days In Shop, calculating the days from current
date to column W, Date Received: =Today()-W31

What I need is a formula that will also delete/blank/terminate that cell in
column H once a date is entered in column Y.

H W Y

3 11/20/2005
11/20/2005 11/23/2005

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

roy.okinawa

Delete Cell Function

No date goes in this cell. Only the cumulative days between today's date and
the date in column W. See the first post.

roy.okinawa wrote:

I get 38679 in cell H1. It should be blank since I have a date in Y1.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=IF(Y1="",today()-W1,"") in H
--
Gary''s Student

"roy.okinawa" wrote:

I currently have column H, Days In Shop, calculating the days from current
date to column W, Date Received: =Today()-W31

What I need is a formula that will also delete/blank/terminate that cell in
column H once a date is entered in column Y.

H W Y

3 11/20/2005
11/20/2005 11/23/2005

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

Max

Delete Cell Function

Think what was suggested earlier by Gary's Student should work.
Give it another go.

Try in H31, and copy down
: =IF(Y31="",TODAY()-W31,"")

If you want to check for "nothing" in col W as well,
then one way is to put it in H31 as:
=IF(OR(Y31<"",W31=""),"",TODAY()-W31)
and copy down
--
Rgds
Max

roy.okinawa

Delete Cell Function

Thanks.

The second formula works even better.

"Max" wrote:

Think what was suggested earlier by Gary's Student should work.
Give it another go.

Try in H31, and copy down
: =IF(Y31="",TODAY()-W31,"")

If you want to check for "nothing" in col W as well,
then one way is to put it in H31 as:
=IF(OR(Y31<"",W31=""),"",TODAY()-W31)
and copy down
--