-   -   HOW TO USE CONDITIONAL FORMATTING FROM ONE RANGE TO ANOTHER RANGE (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5690-how-use-conditional-formatting-one-range-another-range.html)

PeggyP

HOW TO USE CONDITIONAL FORMATTING FROM ONE RANGE TO ANOTHER RANGE

I am trying to use conditional formatting comparing one range of cells to
another range. For example - C2:C100 compared to F2:F100 respectively -
I am wanting to format the cell to tell me if C2 F2 and C3 F3 and so on.
I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks,
Peggy

Dave R.

Select C2:C100, or whichever of the 2 ranges you want the format to change
on.

Formatconditional formattingformula is
=C2F2

then select whatever formatting you want

"PeggyP" wrote in message
I am trying to use conditional formatting comparing one range of cells to
another range. For example - C2:C100 compared to F2:F100 respectively -
I am wanting to format the cell to tell me if C2 F2 and C3 F3 and so

on.
I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks,
Peggy

Alfred

Highlight the column you want to change the appearance of
and under Format, Conditional format put =C2F2 in the
Formula is section, then pick a format and OK.

.