Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve

Default Now()

I would like to use the the now function so that it only shows the time. I
know how to format it to (HH:MM). The problem with that is I am running
other formulas off of the now() function. any thoughts or suggestions are
always appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nick Hodge

Steve

The theory of this works, but without running a ton of time tests I can't
try them all

=MOD(NOW()-1,1)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Steve" wrote in message
I would like to use the the now function so that it only shows the time. I
know how to format it to (HH:MM). The problem with that is I am running
other formulas off of the now() function. any thoughts or suggestions are
always appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alok

Steve
Just because you format the cell containing the Now() function to HH:MM
format or for that matter any other format does not mean that you cannot use
that value in other calculations. What format does is just change the
display. The intrinsic value of the cell remains unchanged.
Alok