-   -   Now() (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/56865-now.html)

Steve

Now()

I would like to use the the now function so that it only shows the time. I
know how to format it to (HH:MM). The problem with that is I am running
other formulas off of the now() function. any thoughts or suggestions are
always appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Nick Hodge

Now()

Steve

The theory of this works, but without running a ton of time tests I can't
try them all

=MOD(NOW()-1,1)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Steve" wrote in message
I would like to use the the now function so that it only shows the time. I
know how to format it to (HH:MM). The problem with that is I am running
other formulas off of the now() function. any thoughts or suggestions are
always appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Alok

Now()

Steve
Just because you format the cell containing the Now() function to HH:MM
format or for that matter any other format does not mean that you cannot use
that value in other calculations. What format does is just change the
display. The intrinsic value of the cell remains unchanged.
Alok

"Steve" wrote:

I would like to use the the now function so that it only shows the time. I
know how to format it to (HH:MM). The problem with that is I am running
other formulas off of the now() function. any thoughts or suggestions are
always appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Nick Hodge

Now()

Sorry...re-inventing the wheel..

=MINUTE(NOW())

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Steve" wrote in message
I would like to use the the now function so that it only shows the time. I
know how to format it to (HH:MM). The problem with that is I am running
other formulas off of the now() function. any thoughts or suggestions are
always appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Nick Hodge

Now()

aaaaaahhhhhhh

going for more coffee

=MINUTE(NOW())&":"&SECOND(NOW())

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Steve" wrote in message
I would like to use the the now function so that it only shows the time.
know how to format it to (HH:MM). The problem with that is I am running
other formulas off of the now() function. any thoughts or suggestions
are
always appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Bob Phillips

Now()

=MOD(Now(),1)

--

HTH

RP

"Steve" wrote in message
I would like to use the the now function so that it only shows the time. I
know how to format it to (HH:MM). The problem with that is I am running
other formulas off of the now() function. any thoughts or suggestions are
always appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Nick Hodge

Now()

or....

=TIME(HOUR(NOW()),MINUTE(NOW()),SECOND(NOW()))

--
HTH
Nick Hodge