-   -   counting the number of times something is bought during a month (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/56852-counting-number-times-something-bought-during-month.html)

ldd

counting the number of times something is bought during a month

I need to do a report that lists the number of Items that I have
purchased in a given month. The things that I buy are listed in
different excel workbooks. It lists the date of purchase such as
11/12/2005. I am trying to get my report to count the number items that
were bought in the month of November. I have tried the countif funcion
but can't figure on how to get it to count a range of dates. Any help
would be appreciated.

--
ldd
ldd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19157

bpeltzer

counting the number of times something is bought during a month

You could count the number on/after 11/1 and subtract the number on/after 12/1:
=COUNTIF(a:a,"="&DATE(2005,11,1))-COUNTIF(a:a,"="&DATE(2005,12,1))
--Bruce