-   -   How do I compare the difference in two spreadsheets? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/56780-how-do-i-compare-difference-two-spreadsheets.html)

Daysi

How do I compare the difference in two spreadsheets?

I have two separate excel worksheets i need to find out if there is a way to
compare between the two to see the ones that are missing from one another

Richard Buttrey

How do I compare the difference in two spreadsheets?

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:37:06 -0800, "Daysi"
wrote:

I have two separate excel worksheets i need to find out if there is a way to
compare between the two to see the ones that are missing from one another

Assuming the layout is the same, and you're trying to test whether all
cells in one sheet are the same as the same cell range in the other
sheet, then create a third worksheet and enter in A1

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(Sheet2!A1,Sheet1!A1,FALSE)),"Dif ferent","Same")

Copy as far as required.

HTH. If not please re-post.

Richard Buttrey
__