-   -   Functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/56667-functions.html)

dale1948

Functions

I have 2 columns of data. 1st column is quantity, the 2nd is unit selling
price. Without adding a 3rd column for extended price, I'd like to write a
formula that will give me the average selling price for the total of the
quantity column. You could call this the weighted average. I have to do this
for a number of different sets of data, and would rather copy and paste
formulas, if possible.

Thanks for your help!

Dale

Tim C

Functions

On way:

=SUMPRODUCT(--A1:A10,--B1:B10)/SUM(A1:A10)

Tim C

"dale1948" wrote in message
I have 2 columns of data. 1st column is quantity, the 2nd is unit selling
price. Without adding a 3rd column for extended price, I'd like to write a
formula that will give me the average selling price for the total of the
quantity column. You could call this the weighted average. I have to do
this
for a number of different sets of data, and would rather copy and paste
formulas, if possible.

Thanks for your help!

Dale

dale1948