-   -   IF function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/56623-if-function.html)

Sailor

IF function

I want to create an if function that says If cell A, B and C are EACH =0,
then insert the message "green", if the same three cells are EACH less than 0
then insert the message "red", else insert message "yellow"

Any help would be appreciated!

Lotus123

IF function

Here you go...assuming the three cells are in A1, B1, and C1:

=IF(AND(A1=0,B1=0,C1=0),"GREEN",IF(AND(A1<0,B1< 0,C1<0),"RED","YELLOW"))

--
Lotus123
Lotus123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28611

Bob Phillips

IF function

=IF(COUNTIF(A2:C2,"=0")=3,"green",IF(COUNTIF(A2:C 2,"<0")=3,"red","yellow"))

--

HTH

RP

"Sailor" wrote in message
I want to create an if function that says If cell A, B and C are EACH =0,
then insert the message "green", if the same three cells are EACH less

than 0
then insert the message "red", else insert message "yellow"

Any help would be appreciated!

Sailor

IF function

Lotus123,
You're a peach! This worked beautifully, thanks.
Sailor

"Lotus123" wrote:

Here you go...assuming the three cells are in A1, B1, and C1:

=IF(AND(A1=0,B1=0,C1=0),"GREEN",IF(AND(A1<0,B1< 0,C1<0),"RED","YELLOW"))

--
Lotus123
Lotus123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28611
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=487001

Sailor

IF function

Bob,
Thanks for the reply. Your solution did not work, but I think only because
the cells were not in a consecutive range. Here's another one I got that did
work:

"Sailor" wrote in message
I want to create an if function that says If cell A, B and C are EACH =0,
then insert the message "green", if the same three cells are EACH less

than 0
then insert the message "red", else insert message "yellow"

Any help would be appreciated!

Bob Phillips

IF function

The cells in the one that worked for you are contiguous!

--

HTH

RP

"Sailor" wrote in message
I want to create an if function that says If cell A, B and C are EACH

=0,
then insert the message "green", if the same three cells are EACH less

than 0
then insert the message "red", else insert message "yellow"

Any help would be appreciated!

Sailor

IF function

I'm sorry Bob, your formula shows the cells as an array. The other one does
not. I probably could have figured our how to change that, however the other
one worked the way it was. Thanks anyway for your help.
Sailor

"Sailor" wrote in message
I want to create an if function that says If cell A, B and C are EACH

=0,
then insert the message "green", if the same three cells are EACH less
than 0
then insert the message "red", else insert message "yellow"

Any help would be appreciated!

Roger Govier

IF function

Hi

Bob's solution will work equally as well as your other solution.
I suggest it didn't work because one is looking at A1:C1 and the other at
A2:C2. Given the same ranges you would get the same outcome.

Regards

Roger Govier

"Sailor" wrote in message

I want to create an if function that says If cell A, B and C are EACH

=0,

then insert the message "green", if the same three cells are EACH less

than 0

then insert the message "red", else insert message "yellow"

Any help would be appreciated!

Sailor

IF function

My apologies to Bob. I was in a hurry and when I tried to change the cell
numbers it didn't work. My mistake. Obviously, I'm not an expert in these
things.
Sailor