Old November 22nd 05, 07:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dasin

Default Nested IF problem - help please

I'll give it a shot!

Thanks,

James

Old November 22nd 05, 09:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DOR

James

Formatting should not cause the #N/A error. There must be something
other than "oct" either in B2 or in the K8. The fact that it works
with the data validation only proves that if you put whatever is in K8
in B2 the formula will find it, but if the contents of K8 are "Oct "
("Oct" with space following), putting "oct" in B2 without a following
space will not work.

As for the small drop-down font, you have just what I thought you had -
a small zoom and large cell font, which will make your drop-down font
very small. I assume you have corrected it by now by reducing the font
size in all your cells, changing the row heights and column widths to
match the new font size and increasing the zoom factor.

I see little reason for zoom factors of less than 100% unless you want
to see your overall sheet layout, after which you would revert to 100%.
It also helps to show more on smaller screens of course, but you then
negate the effect by using such large font.

Regards

Declan O'R