Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ted

Default worksheet formula problems

Hi, can anyone tell me how to get:

=ROUND(D23*C42,3)

answer appears in cell E23

to run when some cells are blank please? I have other formula doing similar
stuff, but are unsure if the principles are generic - cant get it to work
either way, so are open to suggestions??

Ted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

What do you mean by: "...get ... to run when some cells are blank please" ?

If any or both cells are empty the formula will return zero.

If you mean that any or both of these cell may contain formula blanks: "",
then the formula will return an error.

If that's the case what value do you want the formula to return?

Biff

"Ted" wrote in message
Hi, can anyone tell me how to get:

=ROUND(D23*C42,3)

answer appears in cell E23

to run when some cells are blank please? I have other formula doing
similar
stuff, but are unsure if the principles are generic - cant get it to work
either way, so are open to suggestions??

Ted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ted

hi, I just wanted it to discount cells that were blank and then leave the
'answer cell' blank too (as in withough a zero). I have a formula that seems
to be working now

=IF(N(D24)=0,"",ROUND(D24*C48,3))

thanks for your help though, its appriciated.

Ted.