-   -   Automatically updating data from another excel spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/56412-automatically-updating-data-another-excel-spreadsheet.html)

Gary c

Automatically updating data from another excel spreadsheet

I have set up a spreadsheet which required data from another spreadsheet and
want to know how i can set this up to update every time i open the sreadsheet.

I want the full page of the source data copied accross to a worksheet in my
main excel file.

Can anyone help? It is a macro code i need?

bpeltzer

Automatically updating data from another excel spreadsheet

If you want ALL the data copied, and the source is a single file, you COULD
set up an equation in every cell (ex: in A1:
=[AnotherBook.xls]AnotherSheet!A1). But it's big and pretty ugly.
The cleaner way, by far, would be VBA code in the Workbook_Open method that
automatically opens the source sheet and copies the entire sheet over.