-   -   I get 0:00 when I format cells 4 time no matter what # I enter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/56275-i-get-0-00-when-i-format-cells-4-time-no-matter-what-i-enter.html)

Mardy

I get 0:00 when I format cells 4 time no matter what # I enter

Niek Otten

I get 0:00 when I format cells 4 time no matter what # I enter

Try entering =NOW() and see what you get

If you want to enter times manually, enter 7:20 for example, not just a
number
The number will be interpreted as a date, 0:00h
You can check that in the formula bar

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Mardy" wrote in message

Mardy

I get 0:00 when I format cells 4 time no matter what # I enter

I tried that and what I got was the current time. I need to enter many
different times into a database and really didn't want to have to type the
colon : for each time entry. Can you think of any other thing I might try?
Thanks so much for responding

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Try entering =NOW() and see what you get

If you want to enter times manually, enter 7:20 for example, not just a
number
The number will be interpreted as a date, 0:00h
You can check that in the formula bar

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Mardy" wrote in message

Niek Otten

I get 0:00 when I format cells 4 time no matter what # I enter

See

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Try entering =NOW() and see what you get

If you want to enter times manually, enter 7:20 for example, not just a
number
The number will be interpreted as a date, 0:00h
You can check that in the formula bar

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Mardy" wrote in message

Mardy

I get 0:00 when I format cells 4 time no matter what # I enter

Ok, that was what I was wondering. I will have to enter the colon. Thanks
so much for your help.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Try entering =NOW() and see what you get

If you want to enter times manually, enter 7:20 for example, not just a
number
The number will be interpreted as a date, 0:00h
You can check that in the formula bar

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Mardy" wrote in message

Gord Dibben

I get 0:00 when I format cells 4 time no matter what # I enter

Mardy

Chip Pearson has code to allow quick time entry.

i.e.

entry of 720 becomes 7:20

entry of 9298 Converted to 2-Sep-1998

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm