-   -   Protection of worksheet / merging Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/56056-protection-worksheet-merging-cells.html)

dtmd

Protection of worksheet / merging Cells

My spreadsheet has a few cells that I have locked. However when I click on
protection - the only option available to me is to protect a shared
worksheet. This isn't supposed to be a shared worksheet. Also - when I go
in to try to merge cells - that option is also grayed out. Any suggestions?

Olivia Trimble

Protection of worksheet / merging Cells

Have you by chance clicked the protect and share by mistake at some point!
If so you ned to un prtoect and share and all the options should be available
to you again!

If not then I'm not sure I'm afraid!