-   -   Conditional Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/56053-conditional-formatting.html)

Kimberly5590

Conditional Formatting

Hi,

I am trying to write a condition if one cell meets the condition (Example H5
= OPEN) then turn cells H1 through O1 to red (Color fill)
If H5 = Closed then turn Cells H1 through O1 to Green

Is this something I can do in Excel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Suresh

Conditional Formatting

FormatConditional Formatting under this you can define a formula referring
to the cell H5="open" and define the conditional formats. You can specify
upto 3 different conditions and you can also specify them within a formula,
such as an if function

"Kimberly5590" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to write a condition if one cell meets the condition (Example H5
= OPEN) then turn cells H1 through O1 to red (Color fill)
If H5 = Closed then turn Cells H1 through O1 to Green

Is this something I can do in Excel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kimberly5590

Conditional Formatting

I understand how to format one cell, I'm just not sure how to format
multilple cells within one row based on whats in that one cell.

What I want to see is if h5="open" the color fill h1 through o1 with RED...

"Kimberly5590" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to write a condition if one cell meets the condition (Example H5
= OPEN) then turn cells H1 through O1 to red (Color fill)
If H5 = Closed then turn Cells H1 through O1 to Green

Is this something I can do in Excel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kimberly5590

Conditional Formatting

I also want to repeat this formatting in multiple rows..

Thanks Much!

"Kimberly5590" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to write a condition if one cell meets the condition (Example H5
= OPEN) then turn cells H1 through O1 to red (Color fill)
If H5 = Closed then turn Cells H1 through O1 to Green

Is this something I can do in Excel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kimberly5590

Conditional Formatting

Figured it out... Thanks for your help was much appreciated!!

"Kimberly5590" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to write a condition if one cell meets the condition (Example H5
= OPEN) then turn cells H1 through O1 to red (Color fill)
If H5 = Closed then turn Cells H1 through O1 to Green

Is this something I can do in Excel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gord Dibben

Conditional Formatting

Kimberly

Yes, through Conditional Formatting.

Select H1:O1 and FormatConditional FormattingCondition 1Formula is:

=$H$5="OPEN" Format to Red Pattern

Hit "Add" button to set Condition 2

Condition 2Formula is:

=$H$5="Closed" Format to Green Pattern