-   -   Display excel formula on worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5605-display-excel-formula-worksheet.html)

superchica

Display excel formula on worksheet

How do I display only one formula on an Excell worksheet without showing all
of the formulas on my worksheet?

Ron de Bruin

Hi superchica

You can use this function in a normal module

Function GETFORMULA(cell As Range) As String
'=GETFORMULA(A1) in a sheet for example
'Various but especially Dave Peterson and Dave McRitchie
Dim myFormula As String
Dim myAddress As String
GETFORMULA = ""
With cell.Cells(1)
'Grab Formulas first
If .HasFormula Then
'Note that we have R1C1 or A1 reference possibilities
If Application.ReferenceStyle = xlA1 Then
myFormula = .Formula
myAddress = cell.Address(0, 0, xlA1)
Else
myFormula = .FormulaR1C1
myAddress = cell.Address(, , xlR1C1)
End If
'Insert prefix "{" and post fix "}" for array formulas
If cell.HasArray Then
GETFORMULA = myAddress & ": {=" & _
Mid(myFormula, 2, Len(myFormula)) & "}"
Else
GETFORMULA = myAddress & ": " & myFormula
End If
Else
'Bog standard data entries
If Application.ReferenceStyle = xlA1 Then
myFormula = cell.Formula
myAddress = cell.Address(0, 0, xlA1)
Else
myFormula = cell.FormulaR1C1
myAddress = cell.Address(, , xlR1C1)
End If
GETFORMULA = myAddress & ": " & myFormula
End If
End With
End Function

And this in a worksheet cell for the formula that is in A1
=GETFORMULA(A1)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"superchica" wrote in message ...
How do I display only one formula on an Excell worksheet without showing all
of the formulas on my worksheet?

David McRitchie

To just see it, look at the formula bar with the cell selected.

If you will be printing it see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...htm#getformula
installation instructions in
usage on the worksheet, depending on where you installed, any of
=GetFormula(G3)
=personal.xls!GetFormula(G3)
If it is not obvious where the formula actually is you might instead use
=personal.xls!GetFormulaD(G3)

Look over the rest of the web page, there are formulas to obtain
the formatting in another cell, and a heck of a lot more.

HTH,

"superchica" wrote...