-   -   Countif, Sumif, If - help! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5602-countif-sumif-if-help.html)

Angel160

Countif, Sumif, If - help!

We are using a spreadsheet to log deals executed. Some of these are
bulk deals and are marked as such on the spreadsheet.

I need to count how many bulk deals we have carried out, which I can do
using CountIf and then I need to count how many of the bulk deals were
over £10,000 and this is where I am struggling. The CountIf formula
only counts one range (which I am using to count the actual number of
bulk deals) while the If formula only looks at one cell at a time,
which isn't what I want.

Has anyone any ideas?

Many thanks.

--
Angel160
Angel160's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15503

Jim

u can try AND function with If & Countif together. check the syntax and i
believe it can be done this ways! or for more assistance give the example,
so i can write a formula for u

--
Hope it Helps!
Jim

"Angel160" wrote in message

We are using a spreadsheet to log deals executed. Some of these are
bulk deals and are marked as such on the spreadsheet.

I need to count how many bulk deals we have carried out, which I can do
using CountIf and then I need to count how many of the bulk deals were
over £10,000 and this is where I am struggling. The CountIf formula
only counts one range (which I am using to count the actual number of
bulk deals) while the If formula only looks at one cell at a time,
which isn't what I want.

Has anyone any ideas?

Many thanks.

--
Angel160
Angel160's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=274943

Aladin Akyurek

Angel160 Wrote:
We are using a spreadsheet to log deals executed. Some of these are
bulk deals and are marked as such on the spreadsheet.

I need to count how many bulk deals we have carried out, which I can do
using CountIf and then I need to count how many of the bulk deals were
over £10,000 and this is where I am struggling. The CountIf formula
only counts one range (which I am using to count the actual number of
bulk deals) while the If formula only looks at one cell at a time,
which isn't what I want.

Has anyone any ideas?

Many thanks.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MarkRange=BulkMark),--(DealsRange10000))

--
Aladin Akyurek
Aladin Akyurek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4165