-   -   How do I write the formula to calculate someones time worked (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/55835-how-do-i-write-formula-calculate-someones-time-worked.html)

deusy

How do I write the formula to calculate someones time worked

I would like to use excel spreadsheet and calculate a simple payroll time
card. A person start time to work is 10:15 pm (cell A 1) and end time is
2am (cell B 1). What would be the formula for cell c1 to calculate the total
number of hours worked which would be 3 3/4 hours total worked. .

mbarron

How do I write the formula to calculate someones time worked

In order to calculate the time correctly, the cells must be a date-time
field, (especially if you are calculating times on two different days.

The formula would be (assuming start date-time is in A1 and end
date-time is in B1) :
=(B1-A1)*24

Bob Phillips

How do I write the formula to calculate someones time worked

=B1-A1

if you want in time format (3:45)

=(B1-A1)*24

if you want it in decimal time format (3.75)

--

HTH

RP

"deusy" wrote in message
I would like to use excel spreadsheet and calculate a simple payroll time
card. A person start time to work is 10:15 pm (cell A 1) and end time is
2am (cell B 1). What would be the formula for cell c1 to calculate the

total
number of hours worked which would be 3 3/4 hours total worked. .

Peo Sjoblom

How do I write the formula to calculate someones time worked

=MOD(B1-A1,1)

or

=B1-A1+(A1B1)

Peo Sjoblom