-   -   Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/55761-formulas.html)

Chrisj20

Formulas

I'm trying to create a formula that adds a column and then divides its total
by 60? Simple you would think but I cant get anything to work. Help!

Peo Sjoblom

Formulas

=SUM(A:A)/60

Peo Sjoblom

"Chrisj20" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a formula that adds a column and then divides its

total
by 60? Simple you would think but I cant get anything to work. Help!

Elkar

Formulas

Let's assume you want to add cells A1 through A50. Use this formula:

=sum(a1:a50)/60

"Chrisj20" wrote:

I'm trying to create a formula that adds a column and then divides its total
by 60? Simple you would think but I cant get anything to work. Help!

David McRitchie

Formulas

Hi Elkar,
Here is a variation that allows you to insert rows anywhere
below A2 and above A71, including the immediately above
the row with the formulas, without having to change the formula.

A61: =SUM(A2:OFFSET(A71,-1,0)) instead of =SUM(A2:A70)

Read more about use and need for OFFSET at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/offset.htm

If you are simply trying to get the average of sixty items
more less you might look instead to the AVERAGE Worksheet Function.
---
HTH,