-   -   Referring to Pivot Table in Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5553-referring-pivot-table-excel-2003-a.html)

Martin_xx

Referring to Pivot Table in Excel 2003

Using Excel 2003 I found a new "feature" for which I am need a
workaround or fix.

If you refer in a formula to a data field in a pivot table, your
reference automatically converts to "Getpivot ..... ". This happes
when you type "=" and then point with the mouse to a data-field in the
pivot table.

If you then copy this formula into cells below (for example) the cell
references are no longer dynamically changed as in prior versions of
Excel. Your formula references become static and always refer to the
reference established in the first formula!

One fix is to type formulas with complete references instead of
pointing, which is rather annoying and error prone, especially when you
have to reference to sheets in other workbooks.

Any ideas, how to mouse-point to a field and end up with references,
that will change dynamically when copied?

Martin

--
Martin_xx
Martin_xx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15999

[...]