-   -   Help! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5547-help.html)

mmissjanet

Help!

I want to compare two columns but they are not in the same order. I want
to see if there are matching numbers in the two columns and they are on
two different worksheets. Here is a sample of what I have.

WORKSHHET 1:
LAST_NAME FIRST_NAME BTN
DWIGHT MILLER 5085590345

WORKSHEET 2:
BTN Account Number Customer Name
5082954804 3900194 MARY ANNE SILVA

The colums are different and the names are not in the same order. What
I want to do is find the BTN numbers that are the same and the ones
that are different.

Can anyone help?

--
mmissjanet
mmissjanet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15958

trickdos

You can use an Index and Match to help with this and search if numbers
are on a list.

--
trickdos
trickdos's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9405