Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mariel

Default How do I get cells on a sheet to automatically fit data?

I want to get the columns in the worksheet to fit the longest piece of data
in each cell. For instance, if I type a short word in a cell, and in the
cell beneath it, the word is longer, I want to learn a shortcut on how to get
the cell width to fit the data entered into it so the column will be adjusted
to show the longest word without wrapping. I have 10 columns and each one
has data from 2 letters to abut 40 letters. I know there is a way to get
each column to resize itself based on the longest text or numbers in them for
the whole sheet, but I've forgotten how. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.