-   -   Unable to sort data in excel with cells containing if & hlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/55360-unable-sort-data-excel-cells-containing-if-hlookup.html)

MarcHere

Unable to sort data in excel with cells containing if & hlookup

I am trying to sort a column of data in excel. The cells to be sorted have
formulas with multiple €śif€ť and €śhlookups€ť statements.

I went through the sort wizard but I do not find the data sorted. Do you
know of any limitations of sorting with formulas contained in the cells?

Here is an example cell:

=IF(HLOOKUP("Calendar
Day",Results!$6:$146,ROW()-13,FALSE)="",NA(),IF(HLOOKUP("Calendar
Day",Results!$6:$146,ROW()-13,FALSE)="Calendar Day",NA(),HLOOKUP("Calendar
Day",Results!$6:$146,ROW()-13,FALSE)))

MarcHere

Unable to sort data in excel with cells containing if & hlookup

Figured out the problem. I was trying to sort in the wrong place--the source
data must be sorted on the other sheet.