-   -   Averaging Values between Two Dates/Times (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/55357-averaging-values-between-two-dates-times.html)

ChrisM

Averaging Values between Two Dates/Times

Hi All,

I have a spreadsheet that contains 4 columns. Column A = start date, Column
B = Start Time, Column C = Stop Date, Column D = Stop Time.

I have another spreadsheet which contains meteorological data for a given
time period. The data in this spreadsheet lists the Date in cells A1 through
A(n) (eg.
Jan 1, 2005 to March 1, 2005). Columns C through AB list the time (0:00 to
23:00) corresponding to the date from column A. So the data looks like a
large matrix with dates listed in the rows of column A and 24 hour times
listed in columns C to AB.

Basically, I am looking for a function in Excel or a program in VBA to read
the start date and time and the stop date and time from the first
spreadsheet and then return an average value corresponding to those met
values that were embraced within the day/time interval on the second
spreadsheet. Is this possible or not???

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am very lost.

Thanks

Chris