rutledbr

Default can you use countif function for noncontiguous cells

I am trying to use the countif function to add the appearance of value in
cells that are not adjacent to each other. Specifically I have two cells that
pertain to the same question. For each question I want to compile the
occurence of certain value therefore I want to use the countif function on
every second column.
Bob Phillips

Not countif, but you can do it

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:M1="value),--(MOD(COLUMN(A1:M1),2)=0)

which will count B, D, etc. if they equal the required value

--

HTH

RP

"rutledbr" wrote in message
I am trying to use the countif function to add the appearance of value in
cells that are not adjacent to each other. Specifically I have two cells

that
pertain to the same question. For each question I want to compile the
occurence of certain value therefore I want to use the countif function on
every second column.

Peo Sjoblom

One way

=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(COLUMN(A2:O2),2)=1)*(A2:O2="A"))

will count A in A2:O2 in A, C, E etc

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)