-   -   COUNTIF (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5524-countif.html)

Connie Martin

COUNTIF

What would the formula be to count the number of line items? If I have 383
rows typed, I want the formula to calculate that. If I add another 20 rows,
I want the formula to automatically update to 403.

Thank you
Connie Martin

Connie Martin

Never mind! I figured it out. Posted my question too soon. I just used:
=COUNT(B1:B500) and it gives me the answer I want. I used row 500 because
that will always be well past the typed rows, so it will always ensure not to
miss counting any.

Connie

"Connie Martin" wrote:

What would the formula be to count the number of line items? If I have 383
rows typed, I want the formula to calculate that. If I add another 20 rows,
I want the formula to automatically update to 403.

Thank you
Connie Martin

Frank Kabel

Hi
=COUNTA(A1:A1000)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Connie Martin" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
What would the formula be to count the number of line items? If I

have 383
rows typed, I want the formula to calculate that. If I add another

20 rows,
I want the formula to automatically update to 403.

Thank you
Connie Martin

Alex Delamain

The simplest way is

=counta(A1:A65536)

--
Alex Delamain
Alex Delamain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11273

Alex Delamain

If column B contains text then you should use =COUNTA instead