-   -   Dynamic Range and arrays (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/55112-dynamic-range-arrays.html)

PR

Dynamic Range and arrays

Hi,

I have a formula to calculate team records for the season so far based on
the game results.

But I need help on a formula to calculate teams record (Wins-Loss-Ties) in
their last 5 games in a league.
To calculate Wins for the whole season, my range includes all the rows in
my table. For the last 5 games, I would need a formula to find the range
of a team's last 5 games; something like rows 125:150 instead of rows
2:1000.

My table has the games for the whole season, so some games don't have
scores yet. So I have 1000 rows for games, but only 150 have game results.

My table is setup as follows

A B C D E
Date Visitor Score Home Score

Thanks,

Paul

DOR

Dynamic Range and arrays

I recently solved this problem for someone else. If you would send me
your spreadsheet, I can do it for you.

Declan O'R

PR

Dynamic Range and arrays - 1 attachment

"DOR" wrote in news:1131750878.585919.231650
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I recently solved this problem for someone else. If you would send me
your spreadsheet, I can do it for you.

Declan O'R

My computer crashed and I can't access the file right now. But I attached
a spreadsheet quickly put together with NHL game results instead. It has
the same layout as my other spreadsheet.

Thanks,

PR