-   -   how to calculate overtime automatically on Excel timesheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/55036-how-calculate-overtime-automatically-excel-timesheets.html)

Jeanine

how to calculate overtime automatically on Excel timesheets

Does anyone know how to make an Excel spreadsheet calculate overtime
automatically? I have it set up to calculate how many hours each person
worked subtracting out time for lunch. How do I get it to read that if the
hours in the regular hours column is over 8 a day, to put the difference in
the overtime field?

Thank you.

Bob Phillips

how to calculate overtime automatically on Excel timesheets

Use a formula like

=MAX(0,H1-8)

where H1 is the hours worked.

--