donjuan66

Default various values and listing them

Hello,

I am rather new to excel as I never have been really interested in it
since now.

At my work we use a program for our warehouse and it stores entries in
dbf files.

I get the tables in excel out of the dbf files but as this program is
sort of ****ty(perdon my expression) it does have a mix of data in a
few database tables.

I want to be able to use the provider number and list this in a excel
table extracting with it the product description and 3 other values.

Is this possible in excel and houw would I code that.

If someone could tell me the formula and I would try to put it in place
in order to learn from it.

If you need more data I would try to write it.You just have to tell me
what kind of data you would need as I dont know what other data you
need.

Thanks in advance.

best regards,

Mike

--
donjuan66
donjuan66's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28676

William Horton

Yes, we need some more information in order to help you out. Perhaps you
could list the various Excel tables you will be making out of these DBF file
and the fields that will be in them. Then list what you want to see in your
"answer" table.

If I have to take a guess at it though I would suggest looking into the
Excel VLOOKUP function. I'm guessing that you have multiple Excel tables
with a common field in each table (provider number). You then want to list
data from each table based on the provider number. The VLOOKUP function
would accomplish this.

If the tables are really big and depending what else you want to do with
this data, Microsoft Access may be a better software to use.

Hope this is a start.

Bill Horton

"donjuan66" wrote:

[...]

donjuan66

Thanks for your reply.

Indeed the tables are big but i need it done in excel as the result
will be send to the provider so that he can send us the material we
need.

I have

*Command sheet - this one will be send to provider and needs to list
his products by introducing the provider code.
* prov sheet - this one is the providers db
*mar sheet - this one lists provider code, products
*mad sheet * lists products, total in warehouse and maximum command.

as you can see our program uses lots of tables and it is real messy.

I need to list in command sheet the following information.

By entering the code of the provider the command sheet lists

Only the products of the provider, total in warehouse and maximum
command.

Youve told me about Vlookup.

I have already a formula with it but i dont know how to make it list
all cells with the same provider code.

Well I hope you could help me out.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,