-   -   Using Pick Lists (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5493-using-pick-lists.html)

Awetronics

Using Pick Lists

Hi-
I need to use a pick list that will also reference other cells attached to
that list. For example, I want to create a database of products und use a
pick list to select one specific item but with it a description and a price.
Thanks in advance,
Mark

Bob Phillips

Mark,

Data Validation with list - see http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html

--

HTH

RP

"Awetronics" wrote in message
Hi-
I need to use a pick list that will also reference other cells attached to
that list. For example, I want to create a database of products und use a
pick list to select one specific item but with it a description and a

price.
Thanks in advance,
Mark

Frank Kabel

Hi
use 'Data - Validation' in combination with vLOOKUP. See:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany