-   -   Formula for markup won't change when the initial value is changed. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/54827-formula-markup-wont-change-when-initial-value-changed.html)

Steve in Eugene

Formula for markup won't change when the initial value is changed.

[in cell k16]J16*20% [in cell L16] SUM(J16+K16)

When I change the value in j16 it the values in K and L remain unchanged???
I've used this simple formula for over 10 years w/o a problem. It seems like
excel has change the way it is recalculating (or not) the formula.
Steve in Eugene

Peo Sjoblom

Formula for markup won't change when the initial value is changed.

Toolsoptionscalculation and make sure it is set to automatic

Peo Sjoblom

"Steve in Eugene" <Steve in wrote in
message ...
[in cell k16]J16*20% [in cell L16] SUM(J16+K16)

When I change the value in j16 it the values in K and L remain

unchanged???
I've used this simple formula for over 10 years w/o a problem. It seems

like
excel has change the way it is recalculating (or not) the formula.
Steve in Eugene

Roger Govier

Formula for markup won't change when the initial value is changed.

Hi Steve

Maybe ToolsOptionsCalcualtion and select Automatic.
It sounds as though it has been switched to Manual.
Excel foolows the rule for calcualtion as found in the first workbook opened
during that session.

Regards

Roger Govier

Steve in Eugene wrote:
[in cell k16]J16*20% [in cell L16] SUM(J16+K16)

When I change the value in j16 it the values in K and L remain unchanged???
I've used this simple formula for over 10 years w/o a problem. It seems like
excel has change the way it is recalculating (or not) the formula.
Steve in Eugene

Steve in Eugene

Formula for markup won't change when the initial value is chan

Thank you.
Someone used my computer and changed the method to manual,
Thank You Peo,

Steve