-   -   How do I change how cells are sorted in an excel file? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/54825-how-do-i-change-how-cells-sorted-excel-file.html)

Tizzylish2003

How do I change how cells are sorted in an excel file?

I am working on an Excel file in which I have several columns. I need to sort
the information alphabetically by the middle column, however, I also need the
information in the first columns to stay with the information in the middle
columns.

For example my columns are like this:

Mr/Ms First Name Last Name Company
Address ETC...

I need to sort by Company but I need the other information to stay with the
respected company. Is this making any sense? Can someone help?

Bernie Deitrick

How do I change how cells are sorted in an excel file?

Tizzy,

Select all the columns prior to doing the sort. The information in the other columns will move
based on the column selected as the sorting key.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP