-   -   Hour Sum (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/54801-hour-sum.html)

Vic1978

Hour Sum

Hello,

How is it possible to make a sum of hours?
I just the format 09:45 and wanted to sum several cells. The result is,
that after 24 hours the sum starts at 0 again.
Which kind of formula could I use for the sum of hours?

Thanks a lot
Vicky

--
Vic1978
Vic1978's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28708

Bernard Liengme

Hour Sum

Format the cell with [h]:ss
The square brackets prevent mod 24 arithmetic
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Vic1978" wrote in
message ...

Hello,

How is it possible to make a sum of hours?
I just the format 09:45 and wanted to sum several cells. The result is,
that after 24 hours the sum starts at 0 again.
Which kind of formula could I use for the sum of hours?

Thanks a lot
Vicky

--
Vic1978
Vic1978's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483899

Ron Rosenfeld

Hour Sum

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:18:38 -0600, Vic1978
wrote:

Hello,

How is it possible to make a sum of hours?
I just the format 09:45 and wanted to sum several cells. The result is,
that after 24 hours the sum starts at 0 again.
Which kind of formula could I use for the sum of hours?

Thanks a lot
Vicky

Same formula. But to keep the hours display from "rolling over" at 24, format
the cell where you have your SUM formula as [h]:mm The brackets keep the 24 hr
hour rollover from occurring.

--ron