-   -   I have alot of text in a cell, I just want to see the top line (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/54735-i-have-alot-text-cell-i-just-want-see-top-line.html)

Emma

I have alot of text in a cell, I just want to see the top line

All I want is to enter text into one cell and see only the first line and
maybe see the
rest of the text only if I click on this line can this be done ? I dont
want to
wrap the text cos it leaves big spaces in my worksheet.

Lotus123

I have alot of text in a cell, I just want to see the top line

Go ahead and wrap text, but then reset the height of the row back to
regular height. It will then display as much as it can in the single
cell..and then not display the rest (but will show up in the formula
bar when selected).

--
Lotus123
Lotus123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28611