-   -   Cell reference to current cell minus 1 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/54696-cell-reference-current-cell-minus-1-a.html)

Jared Mortlock

Cell reference to current cell minus 1

I am having trouble finding out how to do this! I need to reference a
formula to previous cells (rather than to specific cells). I need my formula
to look at the 3 previous cells in the same row and do an IF statement based
on those cell contents. Currently I have:
=IF(B16+C16+D16=0,A15*0.2,0)
but this will always look at the B/C/D16 rather than the 3 cells before the
current one that I need it too. Help!

Peo Sjoblom

Cell reference to current cell minus 1

=OFFSET(C8,-342,)

looks at C5

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Jared Mortlock" <Jared wrote in message
I am having trouble finding out how to do this! I need to reference a
formula to previous cells (rather than to specific cells). I need my
formula
to look at the 3 previous cells in the same row and do an IF statement
based
on those cell contents. Currently I have:
=IF(B16+C16+D16=0,A15*0.2,0)
but this will always look at the B/C/D16 rather than the 3 cells before
the
current one that I need it too. Help!

Ron Rosenfeld

Cell reference to current cell minus 1

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:37:42 -0800, "Jared Mortlock" <Jared
wrote:

I am having trouble finding out how to do this! I need to reference a
formula to previous cells (rather than to specific cells). I need my formula
to look at the 3 previous cells in the same row and do an IF statement based
on those cell contents. Currently I have:
=IF(B16+C16+D16=0,A15*0.2,0)
but this will always look at the B/C/D16 rather than the 3 cells before the
current one that I need it too. Help!

If your formula is in, for example, E16, and you drag/copy it down, the cell
references will adjust automatically.

Read in HELP about Cell and Range references, and the difference between
absolute and relative references.

--ron

Jared Mortlock

Cell reference to current cell minus 1

Thanks heaps. Got it now using =OFFSET(E21,0,-2).