-   -   Macro for sorting different rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5468-macro-sorting-different-rows.html)

ciscopena

Macro for sorting different rows

I'm Using Excel 97. I want a macro to automate my daily report. this report
is system generated and has 2 type of products. The first product is cell A3
"Non Real Estate" the second product " Real Estate" will also be in a cell in
column A (the cell# will always be different). The columns for this
report are always the same A-I. The sort will always start by sorting the
first product "Non Real Estate" cell A4, I want the macro to sort by column D
and then by Column G in ascending order, no header row. The sort will end 1
row above the second product "Real Estate" which is also in column A. I've
tried to record my steps, however, since the rows that contain the data are
never be the same ( example - Monday's Application total 15 "A4.I15" A17 cell
has product "Real estate" and Tuesday applications totals 5 "A4.I5" A7 cell
has product "Real estate") the macro will not work due to the # of changing
rows (Monday 15, Tuesday 5). Does anyone have a suggestion? Should I post the
macro that I recorded? or should I just keep to the same routine.

Thanks