LHorse

Default the answer to appear in more than one cell

Using a spreadsheet I need a chart that would return the answer across the
rows.
Where the total is equal to the starting number. To answer how many lessons
can be taught each day to achieve the goal per week. My problem lies in that
I need whole numbers.
example
Goal per week 21
Sunday 8
Monday 4
Tuesday 3
Wednesday 2
Thursday 2
Friday 2

Total 21

Thanks Laura
JE McGimpsey

One way:

Assume the Goal per week value is in B1, number for Sunday in B2, etc.:

B2: =INT(B$1/6)
B3: =INT((B$1-SUM(B$2:B2))/(8-ROW()))

Copy down to B6.

Then in B7 (Friday) enter:

=B$1-SUM(B2:B6)

In article ,
LHorse wrote:

Using a spreadsheet I need a chart that would return the answer across the
rows.
Where the total is equal to the starting number. To answer how many lessons
can be taught each day to achieve the goal per week. My problem lies in that
I need whole numbers.
example
Goal per week 21
Sunday 8
Monday 4
Tuesday 3
Wednesday 2
Thursday 2
Friday 2

Total 21

Thanks Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LHorse

Hi

I copied the formula, made the change to cell reference and it says
not a valid works function, any suggestions?
B3: =INT((B$1-SUM(B$2:B2))/(8-ROW()))

Thanks Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey

Sorry, I know less than nothing about Works. You might try the

microsoft.public.works.win

newsgroup.

In article ,
LHorse wrote:

I copied the formula, made the change to cell reference and it says
not a valid works function, any suggestions?
B3: =INT((B$1-SUM(B$2:B2))/(8-ROW()))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LHorse

Hi I used the "=INT(B$1/6)" formula, copied down the rows and I got what I
wanted. I did not quite understand how to use the row function though,
thanks a lot for your help, Laura