-   -   Protected sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/54395-protected-sheets.html)

HRMSN

Protected sheets

Is there a way to insert a graphic or run a macro if a worksheet is
protected? I am trying to enable a supervisor to insert their signature to a
timesheet without allowing them to unprotect, and therefor possibly change,
the worksheet.

pdberger

Protected sheets

Here's a thought --

Before you protect the sheet, you can specify a range that users are allowed
to alter. You can even define the specific users allowed to do that. Set up
a range into which your supervisor can paste his/her electronic signature,
then protect the rest of the sheet.

Let me know if it works.

Peter