-   -   multiple vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5435-multiple-vlookup.html)

choice

multiple vlookup

i have range(a1:j1000)
columns A,C,E,G,I are phone numbers
columns B,D,F,H,J are serial numbers

i need a vlookup function that lookups up the phone number then returns the
serial number. my problem is that if the phone number being looked up is in
column C it returns #N/A
i am thinkin maybe a couple if functions, but im not sure

thanks in advance

Frank Kabel

Hi
any chance to reorder your data in two columns. Everything else would
make the formulas much more complicated

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

choice wrote:
i have range(a1:j1000)
columns A,C,E,G,I are phone numbers
columns B,D,F,H,J are serial numbers

i need a vlookup function that lookups up the phone number then
returns the serial number. my problem is that if the phone number
being looked up is in column C it returns #N/A
i am thinkin maybe a couple if functions, but im not sure

thanks in advance

Domenic

There may be a better way, but assuming that the first row contains your
labels and your data starts in the second row, try the following...

=INDEX(A2:J1000,SUMPRODUCT((A2:J1000=L2)*ROW(A2:J1 000))-CELL("row",A1),SUMPRODUCT((A2:J1000=L2)*COLUMN(A2: J1000))+1)

...where L2 contains the phone number of interest.

Hope this helps!

--
Domenic
Domenic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10785