-   -   Conditional Formatting "OR" function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5434-conditional-formatting-%22%22-function.html)

Baz Masterson

Conditional Formatting "OR" function

Hi Everyone,
I am changing a spreadsheet that hopefully when either for example a or s is
entered in a cell the cell will go red.
I already have other conditions in the spreadsheet for other formats. Does
anyone know if this is possible?
If it is possible can you please explain a little more than usual as I've
only being "formatting" properly for around 2 months.

Any info greatly appreciated.
Baz

Frank Kabel

Hi
in the conditional format dialog choose 'formula' and enter
=OR(A1="s",A1="a")

if A1 is your selected cell

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Baz Masterson" <Baz schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
Hi Everyone,
I am changing a spreadsheet that hopefully when either for example a

or s is
entered in a cell the cell will go red.
I already have other conditions in the spreadsheet for other formats.

Does
anyone know if this is possible?
If it is possible can you please explain a little more than usual as

I've
only being "formatting" properly for around 2 months.

Any info greatly appreciated.
Baz

Baz masterson

thanx frank,

if it was a selection instead of individual cell for example:
$C$12:$U$285

could I change the formula to match?
Thanx again for your help
Baz

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

try
=SUM(COUNTIF($C$12:$U$285,{"a","s"}))

--

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Hi Frank,

No not working at all. Enter data and no area changes colour.

Any other ideas? Or does it seem kinda impossible?
Rgds
Baz

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
try
=SUM(COUNTIF($C$12:$U$285,{"a","s"}))

--

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

I set the format's on a single cell and then copied to the remaining cells
and all works fine.
Thanx
Baz