-   -   Can you create a formula to add 1 to the # you enter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/54187-can-you-create-formula-add-1-you-enter.html)

Word HelpNeeded

Can you create a formula to add 1 to the # you enter

Formula to add 1 to the number I enter into a cell. It keeps coming back as
circular reference

Peo Sjoblom

Can you create a formula to add 1 to the # you enter

What's your formula, where is it and what cells are involved?

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Word HelpNeeded" wrote in
message ...
Formula to add 1 to the number I enter into a cell. It keeps coming back
as
circular reference

Word HelpNeeded

Can you create a formula to add 1 to the # you enter

I am working in Excel. There are select rows to add one to the number I
enter but I have a column for this number.
"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

What's your formula, where is it and what cells are involved?

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Word HelpNeeded" wrote in
message ...
Formula to add 1 to the number I enter into a cell. It keeps coming back
as
circular reference

Don Guillett

Can you create a formula to add 1 to the # you enter

Now that clarifies the situation.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Word HelpNeeded" wrote in
message ...

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

What's your formula, where is it and what cells are involved?

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Word HelpNeeded" wrote in
message ...
Formula to add 1 to the number I enter into a cell. It keeps coming

back
as
circular reference

Word HelpNeeded

Can you create a formula to add 1 to the # you enter

I don't Have a formula. I need to create one. Thanks

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

What's your formula, where is it and what cells are involved?

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Word HelpNeeded" wrote in
message ...
Formula to add 1 to the number I enter into a cell. It keeps coming back
as
circular reference

Gord Dibben

Can you create a formula to add 1 to the # you enter

Word

You can have a formula in a separate cell that adds 1 to whatever number you
enter in another cell.

In A2 enter =A1+1

In A1 enter a number....see A2 add 1 to that number.

Alternative.......place a 1 in a cell.

Copy that cell and select your other cell.

Paste SpecialAddOKEsc.

Or you could use VBA to add 1 to the number each time you enter it.

I suspect there is more to this question than you have asked.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP