-   -   Percentages (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/53946-percentages.html)

trev2283

Percentages

Hi all

This is my first post so be gentle with me!!

I'm new to excel and have just started to play around using formulas,
could someone tell how to calculate percentages using excel

Something simple like.........

If I had 500 deliveries a week and 10 were late that would equal 98% on
time deliveries

How would I put a formula in to an excel spreadsheet to calculate this

Thanks in advance for any help

Trev

--
trev2283
trev2283's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28588

Peo Sjoblom

Percentages

With 500 in cell A1 and 10 in cell B1
in a third cell put

=1-(B1/A1)

or directly

=1-(10/500)

format as percentage under formatcellsnumberpercentage

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"trev2283" wrote in
message ...