-   -   change the colour of text in cell for minus figure (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/53945-change-colour-text-cell-minus-figure.html)

Dorn

change the colour of text in cell for minus figure

i'm trying to add a function that will automatically change the colour of the
figures in cells when they become either a low number or a minus figure to
help me with a stock count sheet. ie. 20 items on hand sold 15 remaining 5,
would like the 5 to hange to red as a visual warning of low stock. i,m using
office pro on xp. Thank you

Don Guillett

change the colour of text in cell for minus figure

have a look at CONDITIONAL FORMAT
formatconditional formattingpretty easy

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dorn" wrote in message
i'm trying to add a function that will automatically change the colour of

the
figures in cells when they become either a low number or a minus figure to
help me with a stock count sheet. ie. 20 items on hand sold 15 remaining

5,
would like the 5 to hange to red as a visual warning of low stock. i,m

using
office pro on xp. Thank you

Dorn

change the colour of text in cell for minus figure

Thanks Don that did the trick

"Dorn" wrote in message
i'm trying to add a function that will automatically change the colour of

the
figures in cells when they become either a low number or a minus figure to
help me with a stock count sheet. ie. 20 items on hand sold 15 remaining

5,
would like the 5 to hange to red as a visual warning of low stock. i,m

using
office pro on xp. Thank you

Don Guillett

change the colour of text in cell for minus figure

glad to help

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software