-   -   open ended multi page sum (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5388-open-ended-multi-page-sum.html)

AlZee

open ended multi page sum

Thanks all for the responses. I would like to extend the problem. Is
there a way for me to sum the same cell from other sheets (with the
same name), but from different workbooks....all to my summary page.
Again, the number of input sheets (i.e. workbooks) is unknown. If I
can do this I would not have to copy all the input sheets into my
Summary workbook.

--
AlZee
AlZee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15906

Ragdyer

If you setup your other WBs with the same "border" sheets of "start" &
"end",
all you have to do is reference the individual WBs.

=SUM('Book1.xls]start:end'!$H$17,'[Book2.xls]start:end'!$H$17,'[Book3.xls]st
art:end'!$H$17)
--
HTH,

RD

"AlZee" wrote in message

Thanks all for the responses. I would like to extend the problem. Is
there a way for me to sum the same cell from other sheets (with the
same name), but from different workbooks....all to my summary page.
Again, the number of input sheets (i.e. workbooks) is unknown. If I
can do this I would not have to copy all the input sheets into my
Summary workbook.

--
AlZee
AlZee's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=273888

tjtjjtjt

To sum across workbooks, you have to include the FilePath and the FileName in
the Formula. For example:
'C:\MyFiles\[FirstFile.xls]Sheet1'!$D$15+'C:\MyFiles\[SecondFile.xls]Sheet1'!$D$15+'C:\MyFiles\[ThirdFile.xls]Sheet1'!$D$15

Would add together cell D15 from 3 separate workbooks. You don't have to
type the FilePath and FileName yourself, if you open all of the Books first.
You can simply start the function and then click from Book to Book to slect
the next cell.
If you do it with the method I used, you will be limited to different cell